Holistic Treatments For Endometriosis
Endometriosis is the abnormal growth of cells that form in the lining of the uterus. This can produce a host of symptoms including unspeakable pain in the uterus, lower back and areas of the pelvic cavity; painful intercourse, extremely heavy menstrual cycles; nausea; vomiting; constipation; dysuria and sometimes infertility. No one knows just what causes endometriosis, but several theories have been proposed over the years. One theory that is popular among naturopaths and holistic practioners is that it is caused when endometrial cells spread to the other parts of the body through blood and lymphatic channels. Research has also shown that exposure to environmental PCB’s and dioxins, two types of hazardous waste materials, can cause spontaneous endometriosis.
Most women that have endometriosis have never been pregnant. Furthermore, it has been recorded that as many as 40 percent of women who have fertility problems actually have endometriosis. According to the Endometriosis Association, women who develop this problem have a history of more vaginal yeast infections, hay fever and chronic sinus problems, eczema and food sensitivities.
There are many ways to treat endometriosis naturally. Here are just some of the most common recommendations.
* Herbs such as alfalfa are a good source of vitamin K, an imperative nutrient necessary for blood clotting and tissue healing. Most patients with endometriosis are iron-deficient. For this the herb Nettle is very beneficial.
* Astragalus, garlic, goldenseal, pau d’arco and red clover have antibiotic and anti tumor properties.
* Burdock root and red raspberry leaf help to balance hormone levels, and endometriosis symptoms depend on hormone cycles.
* It is important to eat a diet of which 50 percent of it is raw fruits and veggies. In addition, you should eliminate all refined flour products and consume only whole-grain products, raw nuts and seeds. A fiber rich diet is also very important.
* Avoid alcohol, caffeine, animal fats, dairy products, fried foods, food additives, fast food, red meats, refined and processed foods, salt, shellfish and sugar.
* One common recommendation is to fast for three days each month, before the onset of your menstrual period. For this, I would consult a natural health care practitioner.
* Reflexology can be beneficial for endometriosis for many reasons. Reflexology stimulates the lymphatic system and encourages the release of endorphins; natural feel good hormones to our entire system. Reflexology is based on the belief that applying pressure to reflexes on the feet and hands can effectively treat the entire body. By stimulating nerves on specific areas of the feet and hands, reflexology stimulates blood flow and eliminates toxin buildup in the corresponding organs and systems of the body. Reflexology is a beneficial tool for promoting relaxation and stress relief, but it is also an effective tool for improving circulation; relieving pain, and as an immune and nervous system stimulator. In fact, many people with illnesses such as allergies; chronic sinus problems; acid reflux; migraines; PMS; menopause; insomnia; chronic fatigue, fertility problems and even arthritis have been helped tremendously by reflexology treatments.
Free Reflexology Videos
Terms of Service
on this website is intended for educational purposes only. The content
is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice,
diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek out the advice of your physician
or qualified health care provider when you have questions regarding a
medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking
such advice because of something you have read on this website.
Benefits Of Learning Reflexology
Detoxify And Improve Concentration
Establishing Your Business In Reflexology
Fibromyalgia And The Benefits Of Reflexology
Holistic Treatments For Acne
Holistic Treatments For Endometriosis
How Does Reflexology Work
Manage Your Stress With Reflexology Therapy
Parental Stress And Reflexology
Reflexology Can Help You Take Your Life Back
A Simple And Affordable Detox
Reflexology Can Restore Colon Health
Reflexology Eases Back Pain
Reflexology For The Common Cold
Reflexology Gains Popularity
Reflexology Treatment For Allergies
Stop Depression With Reflexology
The Art Of Reflexology
The Facts About Reflexology
Treat Pregnancy Woes With Reflexology
Read articles from the internet...